Tuesday 11 August 2015

Makeup Forever Artist Palette Volume 1 | Nudes You Need

Recently, I had the pleasure of shopping at Sephora (in store!).  As per usual I left with my arms completely covered in swatches.  My eyes kept drifting back to the top of my hand where I had swatched the new Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 1: Nudes you Need
Something about the soft shimmers kept drawing me in.
The palette contains 9 x 0.06 oz shadows. Seven are shimmers, one is satin (S-556), one is matte (S-102).
(Top Row L-R) I-528 Pearl, I-514 Pink Ivory, ME-512 Golden Beige
(Second Row L-R) S-556  Taupe Grey, D-562 Taupe Platinum, ME-644 Iced Brown
(Third Row L-R) S-102 Onyx, I-544 Pink Granite, D-652 Celestial Earth

Considering 7/9 of these shadows are shimmer I was expecting more fallout.  Surprisingly, I did not have this issue.  These shadows blend nicely and with aide of a primer (I used elf's $3.00 primer) last all day.  I also enjoy the variety of both warm and cool tones, I really believe anyone can wear this palette. 
I do find myself reaching for a complementary matte brown shade for transitioning purposes and sometimes a matte ivory for highlighting. If you aren't a fan of shimmers this may not be your cup of tea.  If you are like me and love to add a beautiful shimmer to the lid (sometimes a couple) this is an excellent addition to any collection. I'm thoroughly impressed and excited to keep playing with this beaute!
Hope you are all having a nice week :)
-Steph xo







No comments:

Post a Comment